TYSON FURY has shared an image of his blood-soaked headguard moments after he suffered a fight-postponing cut in sparring.
The Gypsy King was last week forced to push back his historic undisputed heavyweight title fight with Oleksandr Usyk after sustaining a gash above his right eye.
EPATyson Fury was forced to postpone his historic undisputed fight with Oleksandr Usyk last week[/caption]
INSTAGRAM@TYSONFURYA horror cut in sparring forced the postponement of the biggest fight in the division for the last 25 years[/caption]
INSTAGRAM@TYSONFURYFury has shared an image of his blood-soaked sparring gear on Instagram[/caption]
Footage of the incident was quickly released after the fight was officially postponed, although Fury has now taken toto share a of the head guard and gloves he donned for the ill-fated spar.
Blood was visible on the right side of the head guard and was partially smeared on both of the white gloves he wore.
Saudi boxing kingpin Turki Alalshikh moved quickly to secure a new date for the first undisputed heavyweight title fight in nearly 25 years after Fury’s unfortunate cut.
Fury and Usyk, 35 and 37 respectively, will now throw down in the Kingdom on May 18.
WBC king Fury said of the unfortunate postponement: “This is not a blessing in disguise, but I take God’s will as it comes.
“I was 100 per cent confident I was going to knock Usyk out. I was 100 per cent ready.
“Why would I not want to fight for the biggest payday of my life?”
He added: “We got a new fight date. Very, very quickly – I suppose that was upsetting to a lot of people, but refreshing to a lot of good people.
“Massive shoutout to Turki Alalshikh, they made the new date possible so quickly.”
“In life, sometimes s***y things happen to you but you never let it get to you.
“You always keep moving forward. Look at that b*****d right there. Woah.
“little elbow right in the eye. Nearly cost me the biggest fight in my career. But what can you do, s**t happens.”
Fury and Usyk will both be on the hook for £8million if they pull out of their rescheduled Riyadh rumble.
Alalshikh said on TheHour: “I have delayed it for May 18, I guarantee for both of the fighters £*million if someone escapes from the fight.
“We will make the people around the world know if someone is scared.”