CONOR MCGREGOR has issued an x-rated plea to Dana White over his long-awaited return to the octagon.
Michael Chandler was seemingly on course to land at after the promotion opted not to have him headline their final card of 2023. 300‘s comeback fight against
GETTYConor McGregor is still without a date for his comeback clash with Michael Chandler[/caption]
GETTYThe Irishman is growing impatient at the delaying of his eagerly-anticipated return[/caption]
INSTAGRAM@THENOTORIOUSMMAThe Notorious has issued an X-rated plea to the UFC brass[/caption]
But a date for the MMA superstar’s return – which he recently claimed would take place on June 29 – has yet to be finalised.
And The Notorious, 35, is growing restless, writing on anstory including a video of himself and Chandler going back and forth: “Get this f***ing date set.”
McGregor’s plea comes nearly two weeks after he hinted at a shock inclusion on the stacked UFC 300 card.
After sharing a video of himself sparring on social media, he wrote on X: “McGregor on 300 seals the deal.”
MMA fans around the world are somewhat baffled by the UFC’s decision to not have their poster boy topof their upcoming historic card.
But according to veteran commentator Joe Rogan, the promotion did try to have the Dubliner top the bill of the Sin City extravaganza.
During a recent episode of his Joe Rogan Experience podcast, the 57-year-old said: “The big one – they were trying to get Conor.
“But he’s not going to be ready then.”
Reacting to McGregor’s claim that he and Chandler will collide at middleweight, Rogan said: “That 85 is crazy, that’s crazy. That 85 is crazy, that’s crazy.
“That’s also, if you don’t want to cut weight, that is the kind of way to do it.
“Because he probably does walk around at 85 or 90lbs. It’s probably nothing.”
The UFC’s first simultaneous two-weight world champion underwent a long and extensive rehab – in which he had had a dramatic body transformation – to get himself fighting fit late last year.
And he issued an emotional plea to White and the rest of the UFC brass to give him a date for his eagerly-anticipated comeback fight last October.
He said: “I’ve been kept from my living for almost three years now.
“Understand that. I came through what I came through. I’m sitting on an injury and a loss.
“You hear what Alexander Volkanovski said? I relate. I must return to my way of living.
“This is my job. It’s beyond frustrating. … I just want the date. Give me the date, please. That’s it.”