BRUNO FERNANDES faces an FA rap after demanding an apology from referees boss Jon Moss.
Manchester United were denied a first-half penalty in Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Tottenham when Alejandro Garnacho’s shot struck Cristian Romero’s arm.
AlamyBruno Fernandes and Alejandro Garnacho appeal for a penalty[/caption]
Fernandes wanted an apology as the ball struck Cristian Romero’s hand but his side were not awarded a penalty
The incident was reviewed on VAR but no action was taken as referee Michael Oliver awarded a corner and play continued.
United captain Fernandes fumed: “Last week they made a big thing on United not conceding a penalty against Wolves.
“I want to see if Jon Moss also comes to apologise to our dressing room like they said he did to Wolves’ manager.”
Moss, 52, said sorry to Wolves boss Gary O’Neil after referee Simon Hooper failed to award his side a penalty when United keeper Andre Onana clattered into Sasa Kalajdzic late on in United’s 1-0 win on Monday.
PGMOL chief Howard Webb is also reported to have contacted Wolves bosses over the failure to award a penalty for Onana’s challenge.
Red Devils boss Erik ten Hag echoed Fernandes’ penalty claims when asked about the incident after the match.
He said: “We deserved a penalty, I don’t know why [it wasn’t given]. It’s a penalty. Absolutely a penalty. It changes the direction of the ball and he’s blocking, the hand is right above [him].”
Fernandes had a game to forget as he also produced an early contender for miss of the season when he headed wide from six yards out.
He was also booked for dissent after whinging about Antony’s yellow card picked up for a foul on Yves Bissouma.
Now the midfielder faces further sanctions for his comments about Moss, which the FA feel has overstepped the line.