The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation met on Tuesday, 5th April 2022 at the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja to deliberate on important issues in Nigeria Football and resolved as follows
1. The committee apologized to the President of Nigeria, Mohammedu Buhari for the team’s failure to qualify for Qatar.
2. The committee applauded and appreciated the minister of youths and sports, Sunday Dare.
3. The committee established that the coaches were promised 2 and half year deal plus players to earn 35% of the qualifying bonus to spur them to victory. It was emphasized.
4. The committee regretted the death of Dr. Joseph Kabungo and reiterated that he died as a result of sudden cardiac arrest from the autopsy report and disclosed that his body has been flown to Zambia.
5. The committee disclosed that in line with the statutes, roadmap for new elections into the NFF Board will be designed at the Annual General Assembly (AGA) of the NFF once the ex parte injunction suspending the Congress from meeting is vacated.
6. The committee mandated its Technical and Development Sub-Committee to, within the next 5 days, make recommendations to the Executive Committee on coaching crews for the Super Eagles, the CHAN team, the U20 Boys (Flying Eagles) and the U17 Boys (Golden Eaglets) ahead of upcoming assignments.
7. The committee promised to provide the Super ample support for adequate preparation for the Championship, aware that the event also serves as qualifying tournament for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup finals.
8. The committee also commended the U20 Women National Team, Falconets, for its qualification for this year’s FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup taking place in Costa Rica in the month of August, and charged the U17 girls, Flamingos to put in the hard work necessary to win a ticket to this year’s FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup taking place in India in the month of October.
This article was originally published on Nigeria News