More revelations have emerged on Manchester United player, Mason Greenwood following his arrest for assaulting his ex-girlfriend, Harriet Robson.
Greenwood was suspended by the English Premier League club on Sunday after details of his crime surfaced on the internet.
United has since said the 20-year-old will not play for the club until further notice. The lad was subsequently arrested on Sunday by the police, Naija News reports.
Reports made available on Tuesday on the case revealed that Greenwood did not only assault Robson but had threatened to kill her.
A statement released by Greater Manchester Police (GMP) on Tuesday said magistrates had granted a second extension to keep the player in custody until Wednesday for further questioning.
A force spokesman said inquiries were ongoing and a woman was being “offered specialist support”.
Naija News understands that Greenwood made his debut for Manchester United in March 2019 and in February 2021, signed a four-year deal with the club after rising through the ranks of the academy.
Manchester United had in a statement released on Sunday said the club “did not condone violence of any kind and had been made aware of the allegations but would make no further comment until facts have been established.”
Greenwood’s punishable actions have generated reactions from his fellow players, sports pundits, coaches and various stakeholders.
The player has also been removed from FIFA 22 by EA Sports. Greenwood no longer features on the popular football simulation gaming title in offline modes and has been removed from the United squad.
EA Sports has as well issued a statement confirming Greenwood’s suspension from the game, giving more details about which game modes he has been suspended from.
“Mason Greenwood has been removed from active squads in FIFA 22 and has also been suspended from appearing in FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) packs and Ultimate Draft,” an EA Sports spokesperson had told Manchester Evening News.
This article was originally published on Naija News