Recently sacked Minister of Power, Sale Mamman, has revealed President Muhammadu Buhari called him to inform him of his impending sack.
Naija News reports that Buhari had sacked Mamman and the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Sabi Nanono, on Wednesday.
Speaking to BBC Hausa in a telephone interview on Thursday, Mamman said Buhari called him on Monday night to inform him of the impending sack.
According to him, the president thanked him for his support to his administration.
“Whether I am fired or not, I must step down in two years away,” he said.
He recalled that back in 2019 he did not lobby for his appointment as minister.
Sale Mamman disclosed that he was called to submit his CV, “And within two hours; I was informed that I’ve been appointed minister.”
The former minister also dismissed reports that he collapsed and was hospitalised after his sack.
The Taraba born politician, who admitted that he had been ill, said he has been receiving treatment since last weekend.
Mamman said: “Even before the sack was announced, I have been seriously ill. I had not even gone to the office since earlier in the week.”
“So, yesterday (Wednesday) and today (Thursday) I also went back to the hospital for another round of check-up; and the doctor instructed that I needed some ‘rest’ so I remained at one place to rest.
“I found a serene and quiet environment to rest and take medication as recommended by the doctor. I didn’t stay at home because sympathisers are trooping to console me; this would prevent me from resting and convalescing on time.
“But I was also not hospitalised, and I didn’t faint as reported.”
This article was originally published on Naija News